In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1trinquete masculine(mechanism/wheel/bar) de trinquete
- I like this position as it means that, if required, you can easily engage or disengage the ratchet with the hand that is holding the rod while playing a fish.
- From the off position, the parking brake took six notches of its ratchet to be fully on.
- To unscrew the casing is to throw open such a Pandora's Box of nuts and springs, axles, ratchets and governors as to confound all attempts to recapture them.
- Instantaneously, she grabbed the ratchet and started to work, stripping the cover to the engine exhaust.
- Evolutionary software has already designed simple circuits, as well as physical mechanisms like the ratchet and cantilever.
- The idea is that you randomly press down one tooth at a time. One of the teeth - and it changes each time - will cause the jaws to close with the crunch of a spring-loaded ratchet.
- To fill the void, I've been watching Monster Garage and Junkyard Wars, both of which are like Iron Chef with power tools & ratchets.
- Examples of IVA tools are various sizes of wrenches and sockets, hexagonal, Phillips, and torque head drivers, pliers, and ratchets.
- An adjustable ratchet, which neither reel has but which the tensioners might help simulate, would of course give you the best of both worlds.
- The gears worked smoothly, to the minor accompaniment of the ratchet clicking and the links passing over the drive sprocket.
- The ratchets on the extractor more perfectly engage the new cylinder hand, which was mated with it.
- The hand keeps pressing against the ratchet as the hammer continues rearward.
- Surface marker buoy reels tend to work on some form of ratchet system that only allows line out when the ratchet is released.
- A ratchet is a mechanical device that restricts movement in one direction and allows movement in the opposite direction.
- Unlike using a ratchet, which allows for only a series of preset pitches, to hold the blades in position, the cam can grip anywhere along the guide are, allowing for very fine adjustments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.