In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pet life jackets do not come with buoyancy ratings, as do human life jackets (the Coast Guard requires it).
- Fuel economy, emissions ratings and performance are equivalent to the standard wheelbase XJ saloons.
- Sump pumps are generally sold according to the horsepower rating of the pump motor.
- Each response was assigned a pressure rating of between one and four and a PPI figure was then calculated for each question.
- If you want hot water fast, the FHR rating will be important to you.
- Rods with line-class ratings of 30 lb class or below are what may be described as light-line fishing.
- Remember, the higher the perm rating of a material, the more moisture can pass through it.
- Ride improves the likelihood that prospective Sailors will begin their Navy careers in the right rating for them.
- The Taki-Tooo and the other vessels that left the harbor were ‘small passenger vessels,’ a higher Coast Guard licensing rating.
- A very simple way to find out the speed rating of your current hardware configuration is to use a freeware utility.
- They vary in size and durometer (the hardness rating of the wheel material, polyurethane).
- Any material with a Perm rating of less than 1.0 is considered a vapor retarder.
- This may result in the product failing to meet its load ratings.
- In the afternoon a sporting contest - usually football or cricket - was staged between officers and ratings.
- Ten minutes later she settled on her beam in just over 30 ft of water, and became a tomb for five officers and 41 ratings.
- They will have a ship's company of 48, of whom 12 will be officers and 14 senior ratings.
- The change of plan to take the rating ashore forced the ship's command team to replot a route to anchor to the north-east of the island close to Ned's Beach.
- In addition, officers and senior ratings, in conjunction with the British Embassy, held a well-attended reception on the Saturday evening.
- A senior Naval rating who allowed his fitness to slide over the years believes RN fitness test can be a blessing in disguise.
- Further south, the sight of snow had four junior Royal Navy ratings jumping for joy, because WTR Nekisha Seaman and her friends have never seen the white stuff before.
- A U.S. Coast Guard cutter had transferred a pump and two Coast Guard ratings had jumped aboard with it.
- The first batch of 30 naval ratings arrived in March 1939 to operate and guard the receiver and transmitting stations.
- A total of around 750 RFA personnel, officers and ratings, all civilian British-registered seafarers, are taking part in Saif Sareea.
- This faced some public opposition, with some naval ratings staging the Invergordon Mutiny.
- Paul Philips has won a commendation for saving the life of a young rating caught beneath an aircraft lift in HMS Invincible.
- Making his way down the gun deck to the sick berth, several ratings saluted him.
- The SEAL community is actually open to every rating in the Navy.
- The Admiral wants to see a greater involvement of Leading Hands and Petty Officers in the daily management of junior ratings.
- If you think you know all of the ratings in our Navy, you better take a closer look at the ratings at the master chief level.
- When her funeral took place at Leicester Cathedral on May 23, 1997, Royal Navy ratings acted as pall bearers and a Royal Marines bugler sounded the last post.
- At the height of the operation, in June 1944, there were more than 100,000 officers and ratings dedicated to this specialist branch of the Royal Navy.
- They also hold the enlistment papers for First World War Royal Navy ratings and some Royal Marines.
- Aged 52, Parker was 13 years older than even his Captain, and by far the oldest rating in the Royal Navy still serving afloat.
1.1(evaluation)other polls give the party a better rating — otras encuestas dan al partido un mayor nivel de popularidad
- what rating would you give this novel? — ¿qué opinión te merece esta novela?
1.2Television Radioíndice de audiencia masculine
- Monday night ‘RAW’ rules the cable television ratings with growing numbers.
- Turns out television ratings for the CBC's coverage of championship curling have been less than stellar.
- These matches have some of the highest ratings on cable television.
- The three nightly network newscasts have seen their ratings plummet 44 percent since 1980.
- And she only came out and left the show when the ratings plummeted.
- Broadcast magazine compared ratings for BBC and ITV bulletins before and after the election was called.
- Leading criminal psychologist David Holmes has slammed the increasing use of rape and sex assaults to boost TV soap ratings.
- Kiely rejected the suggestion that Kellogg's had pulled its support due to the show's poor ratings.
- Yes, but what were the television audience ratings?
- And so, in the absence of any other widely available metric, the Nielsen ratings provided our performance standard.
- The criterion that Mr Shier himself acknowledged as fundamental, a rise in ABC ratings, especially in television, was not achieved.
- Last season's poor TV ratings proved that.
- He was working in the media research industry and he was concerned mostly about television and radio ratings.
- I understand they're trying to boost TV ratings - we all benefit from that.
- Week in, week out it is the soaps that dominate the ratings on British television.
- Since 2000, television broadcast ratings for almost all major sports have fallen among male viewers between 12 and 34.
- For years, the ratings for the televised Emmy Awards have been in freefall.
- ABC's ratings slumped and it fell to a distant third behind NBC and CBS.
- And a Stern ratings drop affects the radio industry about the same way a similar drop in the Dow would affect the overall economy.
- If the host doesn't like the competitor or ratings slump the timer will be arbitrarily accelerated.
(class)feminine categoríafeminine clasemasculine tipooctane rating — octanaje
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.