In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(evaluation)other polls give the party a better rating — otras encuestas dan al partido un mayor nivel de popularidad
- what rating would you give this novel? — ¿qué opinión te merece esta novela?
1.2Television Radioíndice de audiencia masculine
- Monday night ‘RAW’ rules the cable television ratings with growing numbers.
- Turns out television ratings for the CBC's coverage of championship curling have been less than stellar.
- These matches have some of the highest ratings on cable television.
- The three nightly network newscasts have seen their ratings plummet 44 percent since 1980.
- And she only came out and left the show when the ratings plummeted.
- Broadcast magazine compared ratings for BBC and ITV bulletins before and after the election was called.
- Leading criminal psychologist David Holmes has slammed the increasing use of rape and sex assaults to boost TV soap ratings.
- Kiely rejected the suggestion that Kellogg's had pulled its support due to the show's poor ratings.
- Yes, but what were the television audience ratings?
- And so, in the absence of any other widely available metric, the Nielsen ratings provided our performance standard.
- The criterion that Mr Shier himself acknowledged as fundamental, a rise in ABC ratings, especially in television, was not achieved.
- Last season's poor TV ratings proved that.
- He was working in the media research industry and he was concerned mostly about television and radio ratings.
- I understand they're trying to boost TV ratings - we all benefit from that.
- Week in, week out it is the soaps that dominate the ratings on British television.
- Since 2000, television broadcast ratings for almost all major sports have fallen among male viewers between 12 and 34.
- For years, the ratings for the televised Emmy Awards have been in freefall.
- ABC's ratings slumped and it fell to a distant third behind NBC and CBS.
- And a Stern ratings drop affects the radio industry about the same way a similar drop in the Dow would affect the overall economy.
- If the host doesn't like the competitor or ratings slump the timer will be arbitrarily accelerated.
(class)feminine categoríafeminine clasemasculine tipooctane rating — octanaje masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.