In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cartilla de racionamiento feminine
- Mark valuables with an identification number like your ration card, passport or driving licence number.
- Third, I didn't show such a thing as a ration card - although many goods were rationed then.
- I am just enough of a post-war baby to have started life with a ration book.
- They are tasked with four basic objects - get a water connection, an electricity connection, a building certificate and a ration card.
- I have carried an identity card for years - in my childhood, through my teens, when I had a ration book.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.