In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1serpiente (de) cascabel femininecascabel femininecrótalo masculine
- A new study of timber rattlesnakes in the eastern United States marks the first time kin recognition has been observed in snakes.
- Most rattlesnakes are peaceable, retiring animals that flee for the underbrush when they encounter humans.
- Eagles, rattlesnakes, deer, pronghorn antelope, foxes, coyotes, and mountain lions roam the area.
- Charlie felt ill as she heard the distinctive sound of a rattlesnake.
- Clark says timber rattlesnakes and other pit vipers may be the most social of all snakes.
- In both shade cases, simulated rattlesnakes cease all nocturnal activity and become completely diurnal.
- The boa and the rattlesnake are homebodies that seldom travel more than a couple of miles in a lifetime.
- You can find this same remarkable system in humans, albatrosses, rattlesnakes, bullfrogs, and all other land vertebrates.
- Today Wyoming's Bighorn Basin, home to pronghorns and prairie dogs, coyotes and rattlesnakes, is nearly a desert.
- They're even immune to the venom of rattlesnakes and other pit vipers.
- Those were some of the most dangerous kinds of reptiles, spitting cobras, rattlesnakes, Komodo dragons.
- At a lot of these roundups, the handlers allow children to touch the tails of rattlesnakes.
- This is the only product that can neutralize toxins from rattlesnakes, cottonmouths, and copperheads.
- Pit vipers, including the fer-de-lance and Mojave rattlesnake, have only two pits, one below each eye.
- Gila monsters, rattlesnakes and other reptiles will be drawn to water in gardens, especially during the dry summer months.
- In Florida, more people are probably bitten by pigmy rattlesnakes than by any other poisonous snake.
- Holding on to hurt is like grabbing a rattlesnake by the tail; you are going to be bitten.
- They may be preyed upon by larger animals, such as large owls, coyotes, or large snakes, such as eastern massasauga rattlesnakes.
- This girl could charm the tail off a rattlesnake.
- And when they rattle, when they get alarmed, it sounds like a rattlesnake.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.