In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Place ravioli in a pasta bowl and drizzle with brown butter.
- We started with an appetizer of duck ravioli which sounds scarier than it was.
- Froth sauce using a hand-held immersion blender and drizzle foam atop ravioli.
- The first course of goat cheese ravioli was rigorous and delightful in its pretty sauce, an intense parsley froth.
- Both ravioli and agnolotti are normally accompanied by a sauce, such as tomato.
- The pricey menu is big on fish but there are some original ravioli and pasta creations thrown in.
- Cut each ravioli in half; serve hot with seasoned vegetable broth and a lobster medallion.
- Just before serving, prepare a few small cheese ravioli and place them in each bowl before you add the soup.
- My favorite starter was goat-cheese-and-walnut ravioli with a sherry beet sauce.
- Place a portion of the ravioli filling in the center of six of the pasta rounds and brush the edges with egg wash.
- Arrange three ravioli per bowl and spoon some lentil soup on top.
- They served Italian food, and they had the best cheese ravioli in town.
- I had the ravioli of four cheeses with tomato sauce, pesto and Parmesan for €13.30.
- Spoon velouté foam over ravioli and garnish with chervil and truffles.
- There are great steaming bowls of gnocchi, troughs of ravioli, vast vats of fettuccine just how mama makes it.
- Juelle Fisher likes this wine with lobster ravioli, salmon with cream sauce or her butternut squash soup.
- We serve these with tiny Monaco ravioli, grilled almonds and, after dinner, mini-pastries prepared by the chef patissier.
- To serve, spoon some vegetables, ravioli, and saffron broth in a soup bowl and place two shad roe halves in the center.
- So leave it to these folks to create a ravioli dish, minus the pasta.
- A ravioli of foie gras, melon and light cheese tasted like mild soap.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.