In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think we as NCOs could help by keeping good soldiers in the Army and getting them to re-enlist.
- The long term result is incompetent captains, whose poor leadership creates disgruntled soldiers and NCOs who resign or do not re-enlist.
- Another factor that Army Reserve officials believe is affecting re-enlistments is the tighter window for Army Reserve Soldiers to decide to re-enlist.
- Faced with this ordeal, I applied for a humanitarian assignment and re-enlisted.
- I'm surrounded by soldiers who are re-enlisting and volunteering to go to units that are deploying.
- I had another dream, last night, in which I had re-enlisted in the military.
- However, the lure of the air was irresistible and he re-enlisted as a research medical officer and test pilot at the RAF's Institute of Aviation Medicine.
- He then tried to re-enlist in the Navy but was denied the job he wanted, so he went to the Army recruiting office and enlisted.
- Discovered by the press, he speedily re-enlisted, this time as Pte Shaw of the Tank Corps.
- For example, today, when an Army Reserve Soldier wants to re-enlist, he or she has to be within 90 days of ETS to get a bonus.
- They must, however, be legal residents and can't re-enlist or be commissioned officers without being citizens.
- He re-enlisted during World War II as a staff sergeant with the Army engineers.
- Fort Bragg soldiers are re-enlisting in droves as the Army struggles to meets its recruiting goals.
- Due to national security and many other restrictions, non-citizen members of the military have only a small, select number of Military Occupational Specialties to choose from when enlisting or re-enlisting.
- We've probably all heard of stories where soldiers of all ranks have discharged, only to re-enlist within 12 months because things just didn't work out.
- Soldiers in combat units report that being sent to a combat zone improves morale, and the possibility that they will re-enlist, despite the danger.
- When the war in Korea started two weeks later, I re-enlisted for Infantry OCS and was commissioned.
- When the war ended he re-enlisted and commanded an artillery battery in the Korean War and the Vietnam War.
- But be assured, we need every Army Reserve Soldier who is currently in the ranks to re-enlist and stay with us.
- After a three-year absence after Vietnam, WO2 Halvorsen re-enlisted and joined Intelligence Corps, retiring from full-time service in 1991.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.