In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- As the fibres relax, they reabsorb the juices from the centre of the meat, and draw it back towards the edges.
- They were eventually reabsorbed into the surrounding tissue.
- The corps continued to work under this name until 1996, when it was reabsorbed into the Royal Australian Engineers.
- The idea is that once the moisture is removed, the new buildings will keep the soil pressed down so it won't reabsorb water.
- The borrowed energy is then reabsorbed by the receiving quark or lepton.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.