In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He hasn't played in the majors since May 2002 and has to get reaccustomed to big-league pitching.
- Blinking to reaccustom herself to the darkness, Lexa already had her hands over her ears when the deafening blast of thunder reached her.
- It took about an hour to match velocities with the orbiting UFO, ample time for Erin to reaccustom himself to zero-G maneuvering.
- One of the things that some players may need to get used to (or possibly reaccustomed to) is the Metal Gear control scheme.
- Now I just have to get my eyes reaccustomed to my contacts and then I'll be all set.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.