In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The short answer is - impedance includes reactance, and reactance includes effects which vary with frequency due to inductance and capacitance.
- Because such a structure will be inherently inductive there will be some inductive reactance opposing current flow.
- It may be expressed as IX, where X, the reactance, is the imaginary part of the impedance.
- A radiating structure involving very low resistance and very high reactance is the definition of a high Q circuit, and such circuits have very narrow bandwidth.
- This can be caused by many contributors such as loaded cables acting as a lowpass filters, and other influences of inductive and capacitive reactance.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.