In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1derogatoryreaccionario masculine derogatoryreaccionaria feminine derogatory
- In a professional army, the extent of deeply reactionary political sentiment is far greater.
- All these policies are simply different sides of the same reactionary agenda.
- Can they proceed without grasping how the great mass upsurge of 1979 brought to power a thoroughly reactionary regime?
- In Trotsky's view this was a reactionary Utopia.
- It is a highly political ruling with reactionary consequences for both asylum-seekers and democratic rights as a whole.
- Inside Haiti, the opposition has turned to the most reactionary elements.
- We have a reactionary police force and they respond to the complaints of residents.
- The fact that no one has claimed responsibility only underscores the profoundly reactionary character of these attacks.
- The first is that the Democratic Party is constitutionally incapable of opposing the profoundly reactionary policies of the Republican right.
- Chauvinist elements must not be permitted to channel the growing opposition to the social order in a reactionary direction.
- In 1932 the SPD supported a vote for the deeply reactionary Hindenburg as German president.
- All in all, the five constituted a well-connected and thoroughly reactionary group.
- By this point we have the perfect marriage of reactionary politics with suitably bad art.
- But in addition to being erratic, Lewis has a particularly reactionary political agenda.
- All political debate is funneled through two bourgeois and essentially reactionary parties.
- The Times played a critical role in legitimizing this deeply reactionary campaign.
- He considered peasants a reactionary force and peasant societies a drag on historical progress.
- Social tensions are so pronounced that even the reactionary clerics speak of reform.
- To make matters even worse, a Democratic president, Buchanan, gave his political support to these reactionary efforts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.