In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also nuclear reactorreactor (nuclear) masculine
- The dehydrogenation and selective hydrogenation reactors were run continuously and the product collected.
- A green chemistry example concerns the transfer of raw polymer resin into reactors.
- Fossil fuel burning plants could simply place a serpentine reactor as the last component of their emissions clean up and sequester carbon on site.
- Solar receivers absorb this concentrated solar radiation and deliver it, in the form of high-temperature heat, to a chemical reactor wherein an endothermic reaction results in the production of solar fuels.
- The organ was placed in a Teflon bag that neutrons can pass through and taken to a research reactor nearby, where it was irradiated with neutrons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.