In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The client is able to open seekable streams on the server, either in read-only or read-write access mode.
- Armed with read-write data, library managers can fine tune performance and ensure that all disks are operating at appropriate levels.
- At this point, she has shifted her checked-out copy from the read-only mirror over to a read-write archive hosted on her laptop.
- Guy also expects DVD read-write drives to become standard features.
- When a tape is stretched, it may reduce head-to-tape contact, increasing read-write errors and dramatically reducing data throughput.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.