In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
transitive verbreadmitting, readmitted
- An 87-year-old white woman was readmitted to the hospital because of recurrent pneumonia.
- When he was not readmitted as planned, his family arranged for replacement with larger cylinders.
- By August John had started to suffer high blood pressure and he was readmitted to Oxford's Churchill Hospital for further scans.
- One in 10 patients are readmitted following treatment for hip fractures in Barnsley, compared with one in 20 in Chesterfield.
- He was readmitted to hospital 4 days later, profoundly confused as a result of staphylococcal septicaemia.
- He was readmitted in June after a suspected insect bite on his hand.
- The court is going to readmit you to bail pending a pre-sentence report being prepared.
- There, doctors confirmed Derek had the MRSA superbug which is highly contagious and readmitted him.
- After a brief spell back home she was readmitted in February and has only just come out again.
- After she left hospital, she started drinking again, and asked doctors to readmit her in May last year.
- He improved, but in 1996 he was readmitted to hospital with paraesthesia and leg spasms and was prescribed carbamazepine by a neurologist.
- The headteacher has told parents in a letter that he decided to readmit both boys after an appeal to the school governors.
- A week later she was readmitted with similar symptoms and discharge from the right ear.
- But, following a review of the situation over the weekend, the wards were given the all clear and started readmitting patients on Sunday.
- I was readmitted to the hospital and finally a hematologist was called in who found that I had a reaction to the blood I had received.
- One month later, she was readmitted to the hospital with gradually worsening shortness of breath, cyanosis, and one episode of loss of consciousness lasting for a few seconds.
- Her condition deteriorated and on October 24 she was readmitted to Queen Mary's where staff were surprised at the size of the bedsore.
- He was readmitted to the hospital and treated with an arthroscopic debridement of the knee on the 11th postoperative day.
- In November he was readmitted to hospital and put on a ventilator for ten days after doctors suspected the steroids had affected his immune system.
- But he was readmitted to the hospital and died there two days later.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.