In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(restate)reiterarreafirmarhe reaffirmed that no-one would be fired — reiteró que no habría despidos
- We have reaffirmed our commitment to Canadian aid.
- A source close to the Deputy Prime Minister last night reaffirmed that a Yorkshire assembly would oversee a region-wide fire service.
- Overnight, the two nations agreed to improve defence and counter-terrorism ties, reaffirming their joint commitment to stopping the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction.
- This poem is critical of our country but it strongly reaffirms a belief in its principles and heritage.
- I want to reaffirm in the strongest terms my long-term pessimism on stocks.
- The Education Secretary today reaffirmed the Government's commitment to create more single-faith schools.
- The Government also reaffirmed its commitment to introduce a national bowel cancer screening programme, meeting a key demand by campaigners.
- Government has reaffirmed its commitment to forge strong ties with the private sector in order to create employment and reduce poverty.
- Greece has once again reaffirmed its strong support for Bulgaria's accession to NATO and the European Union.
- Now I take the opportunity this morning of reaffirming the Government's commitment to that target.
- With this decision, the Board reaffirms its strong commitment to the Olympic ideal of unity through sport, and fair and balanced treatment of all athletes.
- He said the government reaffirmed its commitment to tackling sexually transmissible and blood-borne viruses.
- ‘President Clinton reaffirmed his commitment to push the Palestinian track forward,’ he said.
- While Owens has voiced concern about civilian attempts to soften the military, his article in National Review strongly reaffirms the importance of civilian control.
- Uzbekistan reaffirms its commitment to implement democratic reforms.
- This agreement reaffirms our commitment to making Hounslow a safer and nicer place to live.
- Nonetheless, in 1910 the synod of the diocese reaffirmed their commitment to completing St. Alban's.
- Macalester should reaffirm and continue its commitment to meeting the full demonstrated need of all admitted students.
- He also reaffirmed the Government's commitment to ensuring all NHS trusts could apply to become foundations by 2008.
- It reaffirmed the commitment by the court to rebuild the levee systems prior to the next hurricane season, which is June of next year.
- In 1740 she returned to the stage where she spent ten successful years dancing in 78 ballets, and reaffirming her position as queen of the Paris Opera.
- Defeating the Badgers, who are ranked tenth in the nation, reaffirms Waterloo's position atop the OUA's western division as the Warriors' record now stands at a sparkling 6-2.
- This act of Congress reaffirms our commitment to the environment.
- Cuba is reaffirming its position, its ideals, its objectives.
- For one thing, they require you to think on your feet and call on all your resources to get past them, reaffirming your commitment.
- Although the Pontiff is the universal leader of more than a billion Catholics, the election reaffirms the intimate link between the Papacy and the eternal city.
- Tiffin Girls' School reaffirmed its position as the borough's best with more than half of all exams sat resulting in the highest A * grade.
- It has stimulated the opening of other biennials in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, thus reaffirming Cuba's position as a cultural leader within the Third World.
- Indigenous and government agencies are reaffirming their commitment today to a project to prevent youth cyclical offending in Geraldton.
- I think it marks an exciting new era for the show, which will see it reaffirming its position as the definitive show for pop music lovers of every generation.
- We said wouldn't it be a great way of reaffirming our commitment to each other through a legal wedding ceremony, ‘he said.’
- The bill reaffirms New Zealand's commitment to providing a strong intellectual property regime that offers clarity for users and fully complies with New Zealand's obligations internationally.
- It was an encore to Athens-the chance for the established breed to reaffirm elite standing.
- Bulgaria reaffirmed its leading position at the Canoe / Kayak World Championship in Seville, Spain.
- It was hard, but it was good because it reaffirmed my commitment to simplifying our lives, to making this enormous move, to making a real change.
- This study reaffirms past research which shows that alcohol misuse is strongly related to other problem behaviors including illicit drug use and delinquency.
- It reaffirms a commitment to religious freedom at home and abroad.
- This result suggests that HA-spo 14 is phosphorylated during meiosis and reaffirms our previous data that demonstrated that the N terminus of Spo 14 is the major site of phosphorylation.
- The high prevalence of fructose intolerance found among patients in our study reaffirms previous studies.
- The April and July elections reaffirmed the strength of moderate Islam in Indonesia.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.