In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nitrate was analysed in the same material using salicylic acid as a reagent.
- Ozone is a strong electrophilic reagent which can attack the double bond found in alkenes.
- In addition, alkyl groups may correspond to reagents and intermediates in organic chemistry.
- There are literally hundreds of reagents not discussed here that can be categorized as electrophiles.
- In addition, the organic components of adjacent threads, particularly wool, can act as a source of corrosive reagents.
- This method resulted in an almost instant purification of molecules, using filtration to separate the chemical reagents from the products.
- Over several centuries, they developed the ability to produce a number of important chemical reagents.
- But what happens to a chemical reaction if the reagents are not in an ideal ratio?
- More to the point, it has facilitated many reactions that depend upon acetic acid as a reagent or solvent.
- All other chemicals and reagents used were of the highest grade commercially available.
- After coating the glass with a silane reagent containing aldehyde groups, they used Schiff's base chemistry to immobilise the protein molecules.
- All chemicals and reagents were of the highest purity available.
- Agglutination reaction was carried out using the reagents with the stool supernatants.
- Total free amino acids in the leaf extracts and in the phloem exudate were analysed with the ninhydrin reagent.
- There is no standard chemical reagent available that has this skeletal form - it must be constructed from scratch.
- Vapors from chemical warfare agents are converted to ions by a chemical-ionization reagent gas.
- When the catalyst is dissolved in the same solvent as the reagents, getting the catalyst back can be a difficult matter.
- The direction to use concentrated hydrochloric acid, a bench reagent, necessarily involved the addition of some water.
- It reacts with oxygen, acids, and other reagents only at higher temperatures.
- The second phase comprises an organic solvent containing soluble reagents such as olefins.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.