In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(sensible)(person/target) realista(price) razonablebe realistic! — ¡sé realista!
- there's no realistic chance of … — siendo realistas, no hay posibilidades de que …
- He saw tennis as the most realistic chance for his five daughters to escape the ghetto.
- Too sticky a surface could rob the Scots of a realistic chance of maintaining their run of success.
- His figures are realistic and dynamic, with an astounding range of body types.
- To achieve a realistic roll a Catholic school will often have to draw in pupils from a very wide area.
- Clear this hurdle, and they have a realistic chance of running Australia close.
- She listened to patients' problems and helped them in realistic and practical ways.
- Crocker had said beforehand that he was going to win, but no-one really gave him a realistic chance.
- Holgate are the only club left with a realistic chance of making up the deficit.
- The big fellow trooped off - with him went any realistic chance his men had of winning.
- They are trying to gather everyone's ideas and to form the ideas into a realistic plan.
- There are many waters in the UK where you can fly fish for pike with a realistic chance of catching a good fish.
- Is it possible to get a realistic idea of the team's pace relative to the opposition?
- You will also need to be realistic about what you expect from your birth family.
- He should be positive, practical and realistic about what we can and cannot do.
- In the Patents Court, I would hope that a realistic figure would be eighteen months or less.
- Fake guns are now so realistic that even the practiced eye of a police marksman can be fooled.
- Is it realistic to expect them to address the equity versus efficiency dilemma?
- I didn't feel that I had a realistic chance to improve things with the budget I had.
- There is also a realistic chance of progressing to compete on the big stage.
- Around half of that figure is more realistic, plus any cash he can raise from selling players.
2Art Literature(writer/portrayal) realista
- It also helps if the graphics are as smooth and as realistic as possible and game load times are short.
- While the film looks realistic, naturalistic, it is still a film and tells a story.
- It's more expensive, looks less realistic and less convincing, and it puts actors off.
- The fake page does have a realistic look to it, complete with a flashy cover graphic.
- Yet again this painting marks a break from the traditional style of realistic representation in art.
- This show is probably the most realistic medical drama on British television.
- It adds an extra layer of authenticity to an already frighteningly realistic film.
- The fantasy elements are there to serve what I hope is a realistic depiction of human nature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.