In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(rider/marcher) últimothe rearmost part of the train — la cola del tren
- Expandable sealers are used in critical spots in the pillars and rockers, and balloon weather seals at the rearmost hood edges prevent engine noise from escaping toward the cabin.
- Had the rearmost hoof of the filly been a few inches left or right of where it landed, then Fallon's injuries might have been much more serious and the championship would be effectively over.
- Second row legroom is particularly good and the middle seats will take three adults in comfort, though the rearmost two are best left to the younger set.
- The middle seat slides forward and folds to gain access to the rearmost seats
- Survival decreases more steeply for rearmost positions due to stochastic factors differentially affecting mortality of subordinate sibs.
- Oscillations of the front of the prime mover and rear of the rearmost trailer were common throughout the tests as shown in Figure 14.
- Even in the rearmost car, we ended up having to stand in the doorway.
- The rearmost safety position locks the striker, trigger and the bolt, while the center position locks only the striker, allowing the bolt to be worked for loading or unloading.
- He took a seat in the rearmost pew and stared straight up at the graceful geometry of the vaulted ceiling.
- The first corps to contact the enemy engaged him at once while the other corps came into action along the flanks and the rearmost corps remained reserve.
- Those rearmost seats are not really designed for lanky adults with healthy appetites, who would struggle to shoehorn themselves into the allotted space.
- They slit the tarpaulins of the rearmost trailer and offload goods.
- You can substitute the rearmost two seats with a three seater bench, giving a total of eight seats.
- The rearmost row of boxes toppled from the back of the truck, crashing onto the road, and Ian glanced behind him as the thin cop shouted in surprise.
- The centre seats slide, recline or fold and the rearmost ones easily fold into the floor.
- This is particularly the case for African Americans, whose general economic starting points have been rearmost in our society because of slavery and its long racialist aftermath.
- All but the rearmost portion of the slide was too hot to hold but the frame never got that warm.
- After reaching the rearmost position, exhale and slowly return your arms to the start position under control.
- The early rifles produced in Russia and in France were originally equipped with a finger spur extending from the rear of the trigger guard to the rearmost portion of the stock wrist.
- If you are using the rearmost seats, you just unclip the whole blind from its mountings and put it away.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.