In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine reembolsofeminine devoluciónmasculine descuentoovercharged customers will receive a rebate — los clientes a quienes se les ha cobrado de más, recibirán un reembolso
- Tax rebates for dividends and capital gains will help reduce the cost of equity for companies in the knowledge sector.
- According to the results, consumer appreciation of promotional offers in the performing arts is more positive when the offers are associated with sweepstakes than when they involve rebates or premiums.
- The tax rebate cheques issued during the summer should also prove helpful in this regard.
- Finally, the presence of utility rebates or other financial incentives tends to skew acceptance of new devices.
- Forced to lay on more cash-back rebates, cheap financing deals, and other costly incentives to try to empty dealer lots, they've seen profits squeezed.
- Thus, if you have directed - or continue to pay - rebates into any old-style pension plans, it may be in your interest to switch these to a low-charging modern plan.
- A total of 20 per cent of this is now allowable in Ireland, but tax rebates are, unfortunately, not a feature of double taxation treaties.
- The industry over builds and offers incentives - discounts and rebates - thereby losing money on each car that never should have built in the first place.
- And because credit unions are run for the benefit of their members, a borrower may get a rebate at the end of the year if the credit union is in surplus.
- Optimism may be sustained for a while by redundancy payments, tax rebates, and by the belief that finding another job will be easy.
- My 85 years old mother refuses to claim Pension Credit as she says that she will not be any better off as she will lose her rent and council tax rebates.
- If you are on a low income you may be able to claim a rebate on your rent and council tax.
- In particular, we analysed the six fundamental types of consumer promotion: coupons, rebates and refunds, sampling, loyalty and loading devices, sweepstakes, and premiums.
- They've grown addicted to the cash flow from sales fueled by financing and hefty rebates, and they've trained customers to expect a steady diet of the givebacks.
- You can also see how the National Insurance rebates are calculated in this Inland Revenue leaflet.
- The difficulty will be that such a tax would be seen as yet another attack on the middle class, who could also face cuts to their pension contribution tax rebates and higher university tuition fees.
- Indeed, some one-time factors that had pushed prices down, such as auto rebates and other financing offers, and a war-related drop in hotel room rates, reversed course in May.
- You just will not give them the information that they need to decide whether you are entitled to a rent rebate.
- Sales catalogues are often heavily financed by these sorts of rebates and discounts.
- Annual utility rebates crested in 1994 at about $2.7 billion.
- In the 1990s, utilities across the country paid rebates to customers who retrofitted their lighting.
- The loss will also take into account discounts and extra rebates offered to lure customers into buying its products.
- The 0% financing deals, rebates, and high-cost marketing programs have cut into price margins.
- Manufacturers sweeten the come-on with customer cash rebates and super-low financing.
- Christmas shopping may be over but offers of rebates and discounts at various textile showrooms continue till the New Year.
- Best of all, when you buy a cell phone from us and transfer your number, you will still qualify for all of our great rebates and discounts.
- There is some evidence of capitalist calculations for enclosure decisions; of calculations to assess the capital adequacy of tenants, to determine rent increases and rebates.
- Incentives involve taxpayer dollars and take many forms, including tax rebates, training services, loans, grants, land and sometimes direct cash payments.
- That means consumers can expect rebates and cut-rate financing deals to continue and both companies will have to slow down their assembly lines.
- Generous tax relief and rebates provide incentives for higher income women to have more children.
- Municipalities already receive partial rebates on many products deemed to be strictly of a municipal nature.
- Yeo said the government will also extend current schemes for property tax rebates and rental rebates for another year.
- Nearly a quarter of North Yorkshire County Council's tenant farmers will qualify for rent rebates because they have been directly affected.
- There could be so much more - tax incentives, rebates, credits, roads, grants, training and so on.
- I think I should be able to find something with all or most of the above at about $1300 or so, with sales, discounts, rebates, etc.
- And even though a flood of rebates and cut-rate financing offers are helping Detroit move inventory, they're coming at a huge cost.
- I guess they must have great ways to make the money back from the rebate of all goods their customers buy in Hong Kong.
- Utility rebates can be obtained to make the financial deal even sweeter.
- Second, consumers seem to be using their tax rebates to improve their balance sheets.
- Government hopes that federal income tax rebates could kick-start the US economy appear to have been left unfulfilled.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.