In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The regularity of such cases proves that souls do exist and there is some truth to the stories of rebirth and reincarnation.
- The way this process of continuous rebirth occurs is explained step by step in the doctrine of Dependent Origination.
- One version of the Neogardnerian story recites this circle of birth, death, and rebirth.
- But the point of ego dissolution required to exist in a state of selfless divine love is also one of death and rebirth.
- The symbolic nature of Odin's sacrifice is that of rebirth, which was once a common element of traditional rites of passage.
- As the sun waxes and wanes with the seasons, and rises and falls with the days, death and rebirth as represented by the Jera rune is inherent to sun worship.
- The book deals with the experiences of a person as they pass between death and rebirth.
- The Buddhist belief in rebirth clearly introduces a new dimension to the abortion debate.
- It's more a treatise on death and rebirth and the nature of this community.
- The Tibetan Buddhist teachings on death and rebirth are unique and very complete.
- From rebirth to rebirth, we can thus build on prior accomplishments and go further and further on the path.
- True, we cannot say anything useful about the claim that liberation puts an end to the rigours of death and rebirth.
- For both victim and abuser, the Church's teachings on redemption and rebirth are a relief and a liberation.
- Our migration through the cycles of death and rebirth is a function of mind.
- It is what Buddhists and various other doctrines aim to sever in an effort to transcend samsaric rebirth and needless suffering.
- Nirvana, in Hinduism, is achieved through a continuous cycle of birth, life, death, and rebirth.
- Christianity as a Osirian death and rebirth religion ends with the savior's death and later rebirth.
- That soul is then liberated, freed from the cycle of birth, death and rebirth.
- This is the death / rebirth that opens one up to entering truly into the lives of others.
- The evolutionary dance leads us through death which gives rise to rebirth and new opportunities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.