In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This makes it possible to rebore bushings which have been used on the left side and reapply them on the right side, thus prolonging the life of the bearings.
- At the same time the tube lines would examine new ways of peak fare pricing, new signalling, reboring tunnels and even building entirely new tubes.
- Reboring the engine will increase your displacement and the power of the engine.
- Both Wilson and his gunsmith, Larry Cooper, consulted with John Linebaugh, then had Cliff LaBounty rebore and Dave Adams rechamber the gun to another calibre.
- You had to rebush the rod if the slack was excessive, or rebore the big end if it was split - all of which you hoped could be deferred until the entire affair had to be dismantled for white-lead testing.
- When the cylinders of an engine become worn it is necessary to re-bore them.
- Rebores increase the engine displacement.
- If it's a rebuild rebore, with the stock pistons, a machine shop might make the stock pistons work.
- On stripping the engine, it needed a rebore, 4 new pistons with rings and new bearings.
- Can anyone recommend a reliable shop to do the rebore?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.