In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recensión feminine formal
- However that may be, Winroth's discovery of a first recension of the Decretum is exciting news.
- Waugh revised this ending for the 1965 recension of the three works, and decided that Guy and his new wife Domenica should be childless.
- Through their numerous recensions, Sarah's memoirs became more rather than less embittered.
- Although transmission and recension must have left some imprint on these classic works, to the Arab Muslims who conveyed and compiled them they were the epitome of a literary era still fresh in their minds.
- That this was a serious problem is suggested by the fact that the 1555 recension expands this chapter by noting that failure to comply would result in 40 days imprisonment, a great fine, and loss of the franchise.
- The written text had gone through several recensions by the accepted time of birth of Jesus Christ.
- He has a wonderfully readable discussion of the Lord's Prayer in both the recension of Matthew and the one of Luke.
- The Southern recension of the epic states that in an earlier birth as Nalayani (also named Indrasena) she was married to Maudgalya, an irascible sage afflicted with leprosy.
- The fact that for all practical purposes we have only a single recension of the Koran is thus a remarkable testimony to the authority of the early Islamic state.
- The text of the Jnashwari had become corrupted, so he re-edited it, and his recension has remained current to the present day.
- Already very old when it was written down, it survives in three main manuscript recensions: in the Book of the Dun Cow, the Book of Leinster, and the Yellow Book of Lecan.
- There are three recensions or regional versions of the Sama Veda.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.