In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine destinatariofeminine destinatariaMedicine masculine receptorMedicine feminine receptora(organization/body) beneficiadohe was the recipient of much criticism — fue objeto de muchas críticas
- she was the recipient of an honorary doctorate — le confirieron un doctorado honoris causa
- Hopefully all recipients gave their explicit consent to receive such messages.
- Much of the money to pay benefits to future recipients will have to come from somewhere else.
- He denies social welfare recipients will be forced to sell homes to repay debts.
- The awards have been given out each year and the recipients are chosen by an independent panel.
- Pensioners and other welfare recipients in the cities did not get the chance to air their views.
- It is also an expression of gratitude by organ recipients to donors and their families.
- The letter, which came from an address in London, tells recipients to quote box numbers when replying.
- We used to discuss its past recipients and the possible winners in years to come.
- Could you possibly forward me the names and addresses of the recipients?
- For these recipients, socks are a welcome present, as are a hat or gloves.
- Some of the world's leading businesses and corporations have been previous recipients of the awards.
- With no will to search for work many of these recipients remain at home and reap the benefits of their weekly cheques.
- The awards were presented to the recipients at a function in the Chamber last Wednesday.
- Two awards for outstanding achievement were a surprise to the recipients.
- They are the recipients of Smart awards from the Department of Trade and Industry.
- The award remains a unique one and the recipients this week were proud to have been selected.
- Most people would rather be active independent citizens than recipients of benefits.
- I have checked the internet and similar letters have been sent to recipients worldwide.
- None of the recipients to whom I spoke knew of the Society before their awards.
- He is one of the youngest recipients of the George Cross in military history.
- Mr Logue said his family was both overwhelmed and proud to be the recipients of the award.
- Israel has long been the largest recipient of American aid, receiving $3 billion last year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.