In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fianza feminineto enter into recognizance — constituir / prestar fianza
- He was arrested for violating the terms of his recognizance.
- She failed to comply with the terms of her release by failing to comply with the conditions of her recognizance.
- To my surprise, she told me that she wouldn't oppose my request that Fred be released on his own recognizance.
- It records that he has an extensive criminal record, including threats, numerous failures to comply with recognizances and probation orders and three failures to appear.
- They were released on their own recognisances pending their next court appearance on July 15.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.