In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(approval, praise)recomendación femininea letter of recommendation — una carta de recomendación
- As a result of these findings the overview panel put forward 14 recommendations.
- We look forward to considering the consultants' recommendations around the end of September.
- Any recommendation will then go forward to the district council's full meeting in May.
- Parish councillors are expected to make their recommendations on the plan to Bradford Council.
- These proposals will be evaluated and a recommendation made to the Executive Committee before a final decision is made.
- After that, final recommendations will be put forward to the Strategic Health Authority.
- As the Herald went to press, members of the national park's property committee were discussing a recommendation to approve the idea.
- The body is due to make its recommendations at the end of this month and Clarke will decide whether to implement them.
- Another of the more radical recommendations focuses on medical training.
- Her recommendations were presented in a series of bullet points down the side of the television screen.
- Her second recommendation proposes human rights as a way to safeguard human dignity.
- It has not fully accepted the main recommendation but is proposing to fund nursing care in nursing homes.
- Its key recommendation that tax on drink be increased to discourage consumption was ignored in the Budget.
- He was eventually acquitted, though with the recommendation that he leave the country immediately.
- The report does make recommendations to the governing bodies to bring about improvements in football.
- The literature has not yielded many new proposals or recommendations on how to promote citizenship.
- This concluded with a recommendation that both proposals be rejected.
- Resource constraints meant that this recommendation was not followed, with predictable consequences.
- Members put forward their own recommendations at an association committee meeting.
- It may also put forward recommendations on areas requiring immediate attention.
- The coroner said he was not proposing to set out a list of recommendations to hospitals.
2(advice)recomendación femininesugerencia feminineon my father's recommendation — por recomendación / sugerencia de mi padre
- [ S ]chef's recommendation — sugerencia del chef
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.