In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Why has Clarke continually reconfirmed her support for the approach, despite these reservations?
- Furthermore, in many universities a vacancy does not exist until a post has been reconfirmed and funding assured.
- But the terrible events this month only reconfirmed my belief that the protection of our democracy must be rooted in the reinvigoration of democratic engagement itself.
- Senior mainland officials have reconfirmed a promise to university students to openly discuss the crackdown.
- ‘I am not really worried about money,’ he said patting his pocket as if to reconfirm his statement.
- He first became mayor in a 1996 by-election, and was reconfirmed in the position in both 1997 and 2000.
- We honored our part of the contract by reconfirming the flight bookings with your authorized agents.
- In the board meeting on Monday, January 27, 2003, the previous resolution was reconfirmed with an overwhelming majority.
- Once confirmed, they do not need to be reconfirmed later.
- Breakfast with thick condensed milk, missed the spot completely and reconfirmed my decision to leave.
- Above all, it reconfirmed my feeling that I really was better off not going.
- The 1990 study was concerned not just with reconfirming the importance of tobacco but also with assessing the lesser effects of indoor air pollution of some houses by radon.
- Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source.
- The players continued with the tour only after the agreed procedures had been reconfirmed with diplomats and security advisers.
- It reconfirms the principle that indefinite detention is contrary to the U.S. Constitution and international law.
- Call the airline to reconfirm your flights on the day of departure to prevent any surprises at the airport.
- The National Party won the 1960 election and reconfirmed the agreement.
- What's worse, the story seems to reconfirm literary stereotypes about women while vaguely insinuating that it is doing the opposite.
- All previously approved accounts must be reconfirmed.
- I finally persuaded her to order blood tests, which reconfirmed the diagnosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.