In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It reconfirms the principle that indefinite detention is contrary to the U.S. Constitution and international law.
- Why has Clarke continually reconfirmed her support for the approach, despite these reservations?
- In the board meeting on Monday, January 27, 2003, the previous resolution was reconfirmed with an overwhelming majority.
- Breakfast with thick condensed milk, missed the spot completely and reconfirmed my decision to leave.
- Furthermore, in many universities a vacancy does not exist until a post has been reconfirmed and funding assured.
- All previously approved accounts must be reconfirmed.
- But the terrible events this month only reconfirmed my belief that the protection of our democracy must be rooted in the reinvigoration of democratic engagement itself.
- The 1990 study was concerned not just with reconfirming the importance of tobacco but also with assessing the lesser effects of indoor air pollution of some houses by radon.
- We honored our part of the contract by reconfirming the flight bookings with your authorized agents.
- Call the airline to reconfirm your flights on the day of departure to prevent any surprises at the airport.
- He first became mayor in a 1996 by-election, and was reconfirmed in the position in both 1997 and 2000.
- Once confirmed, they do not need to be reconfirmed later.
- Senior mainland officials have reconfirmed a promise to university students to openly discuss the crackdown.
- Since I revealed the big scoop, I have had it reconfirmed by yet another highly authoritative source.
- I finally persuaded her to order blood tests, which reconfirmed the diagnosis.
- The players continued with the tour only after the agreed procedures had been reconfirmed with diplomats and security advisers.
- What's worse, the story seems to reconfirm literary stereotypes about women while vaguely insinuating that it is doing the opposite.
- ‘I am not really worried about money,’ he said patting his pocket as if to reconfirm his statement.
- Above all, it reconfirmed my feeling that I really was better off not going.
- The National Party won the 1960 election and reconfirmed the agreement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.