In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reconocimiento masculine(mission/patrol) de reconocimientoair/ground reconnaissance — reconocimiento aéreo/del terreno
- to make a reconnaissance — hacer un reconocimiento
- This indicates that we underestimated the importance of aerial reconnaissance during the war.
- Ark Royal launched many reconnaissances for gun positions and mines from March 13-17.
- A whole new sphere of high-level photographic reconnaissance and its interpretation was to spring from this advance.
- Eisenhower found out about British preparations for war from US reconnaissance photos.
- Two British military liaison and reconnaissance teams have also been deployed - one to Colombo and the second to Indonesian capital Jakarta.
- For the most part it was considered that air forces would be used primarily for scouting and reconnaissance missions, both overland and at sea.
- Our snipers and reconnaissance Marines excelled at this task, as one would expect of trained observers.
- Several apparent terrorist reconnaissance missions at key sites had been observed, the newspaper said.
- Additionally, there is a finite amount of terrain that supports the movement of reconnaissance forces.
- Sections and platoons conduct reconnaissance patrols there daily.
- It is commonly accepted that military reconnaissance is an indispensable necessity and inherent component of war.
- They had to give higher priority to this task if they wanted to avoid enemy air reconnaissance and artillery spotting.
- Within a decade of that first flight, balloons were used for military reconnaissance in France.
- Each of these systems brought some degree of unique reconnaissance capability to the squadron.
- French, German and US reconnaissance planes would be allowed to patrol the skies.
- It can also carry out reconnaissance, combat support and patrol missions.
- Are your soldiers familiar with this route, and have they conducted a route reconnaissance?
- A Pentagon spokesman said a coalition air reconnaissance patrol came under fire and called in air strikes.
- The commander must be ready to adjust his reconnaissance focus as the situation changes or develops.
- It will predominantly feature surveillance and reconnaissance aircraft.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.