In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That is the greatest impediment to the political and economic reconstruction of the country.
- As the city entered the 1980s, it began to embark on a large-scale process of urban reconstruction.
- To this must be added the cost of the ongoing, even if limited, process of reconstruction.
- Once the monetary settlement is received, property owners can begin the process of reconstruction.
- The grant is not only timely but it comes at a critical time when the country is grappling with the economic reconstruction programme.
- Emerging from the war physically devastated, Europe began a process of both economic and political reconstruction.
- Yet the slow process of reconstruction, following the ravages of a diamond-fuelled civil war, continues.
- There should also be an appraisal of Britain's role in the post-war, reconstruction process.
- The Bali government has set aside special funds for the reconstruction of the area damaged in the bombing.
- This is a serious problem which impedes the process of reconstruction.
- It really brought home to me how the relief effort and the process of reconstruction must go hand in hand.
- Women were indispensable in this many-sided economic and social reconstruction.
- After the war, capital and labor must be expended in reconstruction and repair.
- The same drive is apparent in the process of reconstruction.
- The reconstruction process has strongly affected the position and morale of local residents.
- The process of reconstruction was so immense that all countries struggled to cope.
- It was astonishing to hear how the process of reconstruction had already begun by the morning after the attacks.
- The reconstruction of Rousse railway station is to cost nine million leva.
- Plans for how the civil administration of the country would work were vague, as were those for its economic reconstruction.
- The worst hit areas are now engaged in the biggest post-catastrophe reconstruction programme since the Second World War.
2Reconstructionperíodo, de 1865 a 1877, durante el cual se llevó a cabo la integración de los estados Sudistas con la Unión
3(re-creation)reconstitución femininethe police staged a reconstruction of the crime — la policía efectuó una reconstitución del delito
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.