In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que bate todos los récordssin precedentes
- Lance Armstrong trained to win a record-breaking seventh Tour de France by cycling up and down mountains in the Canary Islands.
- His is one of the most frequent faces on the box: he has made a record-breaking 10,000 appearances on British telly.
- Jack, emboldened by his record-breaking achievements on that tour, refused.
- It predicted record-breaking temperatures for June and July, with August expected to be very warm and occasionally hot.
- The 34-year-old former Kent batsman has been in record-breaking form for Guyana this season.
- A musical which has been playing for 13 record-breaking years in the West End rolls into Hull next week.
- That dedication has been at the root of his record-breaking achievements.
- Caulfield insists the achievements of the record-breaking Tony McCoy have made it harder for the rest.
- This is by no means a record-breaking level of commission.
- Schools across the borough celebrated another record-breaking year as GCSE results improved again.
- Last year, a record-breaking 100,000-plus visitors flooded into the showground.
- Although the final totals have yet to be calculated, a spokeswoman for the Theatre Royal said it had been a record-breaking year.
- A video camera and assessors working four-hour shifts logged James' record-breaking attempt.
- Mr Hempleman-Adams is thrilled at his latest record-breaking achievements.
- In Swindon individuals and organisations will pull out all the stops to raise record-breaking amounts of cash this year.
- There's a chance to enjoy some of the greatest goals the game has seen, stunning comebacks and record-breaking victories.
- This record-breaking album held the number one position longer than any other in 1996.
- The final sum might fall short of last year's record-breaking £25m, but it will still be massive.
- The record-breaking appeal will close on Saturday after raising more than £250 million.
- The men's soccer team is off to a great start this season, with four wins, no losses, and a record-breaking goal.
- Samuel L. Jackson's going to tell us how he landed his part in the record-breaking movie.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.