In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To sustain agriculture at its current status, recruitment of outstanding individuals must be enhanced.
- That is why the recruitment industry has grown enormously over the past 10 years.
- Another is the United Nations convention on the rights of the child, which restricts recruitment of children into the armed forces.
- Its chief proponent has been Charles Moskos, an expert on military recruitment and retention.
- The most effective recruitment drives are founded on issues, not just organizations.
- When a union prioritises recruitment and organisation people join.
- The bursary scheme is expected to boost recruitment of engineers and scientists into the Armed Forces.
- If military recruitment is down now, wait till the kids read this book.
- Responses did not differ according to type of treatment, method of recruitment, or characteristics of respondents outlined in the table.
- America wants to recruit 1m nurses by 2010 and has launched a recruitment drive in Britain.
- This has created a crisis in the armed forces with high desertion rates, poor morale and a sharp drop in military recruitment.
- It is at this point that even those governments who have shunned it in peacetime resort to the third method of recruitment, conscription.
- Military recruitment officers in Texas, Georgia and Tennessee reported unprecedented increases in applications.
- They use ostensibly charitable organizations for funding and recruitment.
- All branches of the military have exceeded their recruitment goals for the last three years.
- He was attracted by recruitment material portraying the military in glowing terms.
- A recruitment drive has been launched to find more people to become volunteers in the borough.
- Ministers hope to reduce the figure through recruitment and retention initiatives designed to make Scottish jobs as attractive as possible.
- These programmes include awareness campaigns to support recruitment of potential participants into clinical trials.
- Methods of recruitment and results for this survey have been reported in detail elsewhere.
- Organizations engaged in recruitment should, as a result, collect data about the applicant pool.
- And faced with a shortage of human collateral what method of recruitment would you expect a major IT company to employ?
- To do this the trade union movement must develop a youthful edge that is about much more than recruitment figures.
- Facing lagging recruitment figures, military recruiters are under increasing pressure to produce.
- The museum has launched its first recruitment poster campaign to recruit younger helpers during National Volunteer Week.
- At this cinema, the managers have not seen fit to remove the military recruitment ads from the previews.
- A recruitment drive is to be launched to find a team of dedicated volunteers to man the front desk at Kingston police station.
- He cited low unemployment and increasing job availability as other reasons why Armed Forces recruitment figures were declining.
- The ministry also demanded that he change the script, alleging that it would discourage recruitment to the armed forces.
- Over 100 people took part in a demonstration outside a US military recruitment office in Pittsburgh last Saturday.
- The army has launched its latest recruitment drive in Wiltshire.
- This method of recruitment may explain why a substantial number of eligible subjects refused.
- Even though military units require no upkeep, a high level of recruitment or conscription will severely weaken the economic front.
- The school bans recruitment because of the military's antigay policy.
- There are matters relating to the level of recruitment for the armed forces at the moment, both in terms of the regular forces and the territorial forces.
- But if published recruitment figures are to be believed, the party is no decaying monolith.
- He said Defence also facilitated and worked to support the direct recruitment of Air Force personnel by Air Services Australia.
- Meanwhile, job agencies are organising a major nurses' recruitment fair later this month.
- The Department of Health in England has been explicit in its support for international recruitment.
- The bulk of that figure was generated by way of public sector recruitment while part-time work also added to the higher jobs figure, it said.
- They joined, just like Gordon, during the army recruitment drive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.