In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Fifteen percent of colorectal cancers can be detected by digital rectal examination.
- If these growths go untreated, you have an almost certain chance of developing colon and rectal cancer.
- Six months ago, at the age of 39, I was diagnosed as having rectal cancer.
- In addition, high fruit intake was associated only with a reduction in rectal cancer.
- Many of these symptoms may be due to another condition, such as piles or even rectal or bowel cancer, so it is important to see your GP as soon as possible.
- Symptoms are similar to those of prostate enlargement, and on rectal examination the gland is felt to be very hard and irregular.
- A fiber-rich diet may also play a part in lowering your risk of colon and rectal cancer.
- She frequently had abdominal pain and cramping, hard stools, and rectal pain and pressure.
- Prostate enlargement is confirmed by a rectal examination with a finger.
- There are other research findings on prevention of colon and rectal cancer.
- The two treatment groups had different risks of developing rectal cancer but not of developing cancer elsewhere in the colon.
- The tumour is often palpable on rectal or abdominal examination, and malignant ascites may also be evident.
- Not everyone needs to be tested for precancerous polyps and colon and rectal cancer.
- Rectal examination is essential if the medical history suggests a disorder in the lower abdomen, pelvis, lower rectal or anal region.
- These swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and rectum are another source of rectal bleeding.
- If you have colon or rectal cancer, you may require this surgery to remove your lower colon and rectum.
- It leads to multiple rectal and colon cancers in early adulthood for almost all of those affected by the condition.
- The management of a sexually acquired rectal discharge parallels that of urethritis.
- Clearly rectal cancer surgery represents a greater technical challenge than colonic surgery.
- If a hemorrhoid begins to stick out, gently push it back into the rectal canal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.