In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Grouping wall decor in geometric shapes such as rectangles, triangles or circles adds interest.
- He arranges thin rectangles, squares, triangles and trapezoids in complex patterns on the wall.
- The class will begin to see different shapes and sizes of rectangles and an occasional square.
- Working together, we used a red crayon to divide the upper right rectangle into eight smaller rectangles.
- Squares, rectangles, or triangles of fabrics were pieced together to form larger units.
- That last one was originally a simple square, which would of course be divided up into four rectangles.
- But among the neatly stitched squares and rectangles of denim and canvas there is one of thick regimental tartan.
- Next, pre-cut rectangles and squares of different shades of green paper were distributed.
- In the remaining works, the interplay of rectangles and squares is more elaborate.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and transfer to a baking tray, lined with baking paper or a baking cloth.
- One face was decorated with narrow blue lines forming patterns of circles, rectangles, and squares.
- The paintings are long or tall rectangles or approximately square panels and are about as big as game boards.
- Then a word would appear in one of the four rectangles, and players were instructed to click on it as quickly as possible.
- Let's start with a rectangle, and then remove a square from it with the same side length as the shortest side of the rectangle.
- The types of shapes for which the area is calculated include triangles, rectangles, circles, trapeziums.
- Start with a square and add a square of the same size to form a new rectangle.
- Show students how to combine rectangles and triangles to create houses.
- Here, horseshoe shapes, ovals and rectangles are organized into four groups.
- In particular books one and two set out basic properties of triangles, parallels, parallelograms, rectangles and squares.
- Cut the shortbread into squares or rectangles while still hot.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.