In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Then a word would appear in one of the four rectangles, and players were instructed to click on it as quickly as possible.
- In the remaining works, the interplay of rectangles and squares is more elaborate.
- The types of shapes for which the area is calculated include triangles, rectangles, circles, trapeziums.
- That last one was originally a simple square, which would of course be divided up into four rectangles.
- Squares, rectangles, or triangles of fabrics were pieced together to form larger units.
- Next, pre-cut rectangles and squares of different shades of green paper were distributed.
- The class will begin to see different shapes and sizes of rectangles and an occasional square.
- Cut the shortbread into squares or rectangles while still hot.
- Start with a square and add a square of the same size to form a new rectangle.
- In particular books one and two set out basic properties of triangles, parallels, parallelograms, rectangles and squares.
- Grouping wall decor in geometric shapes such as rectangles, triangles or circles adds interest.
- One face was decorated with narrow blue lines forming patterns of circles, rectangles, and squares.
- But among the neatly stitched squares and rectangles of denim and canvas there is one of thick regimental tartan.
- Show students how to combine rectangles and triangles to create houses.
- Cut into squares or rectangles and transfer to a baking tray, lined with baking paper or a baking cloth.
- Working together, we used a red crayon to divide the upper right rectangle into eight smaller rectangles.
- The paintings are long or tall rectangles or approximately square panels and are about as big as game boards.
- Here, horseshoe shapes, ovals and rectangles are organized into four groups.
- He arranges thin rectangles, squares, triangles and trapezoids in complex patterns on the wall.
- Let's start with a rectangle, and then remove a square from it with the same side length as the shortest side of the rectangle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.