In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Our rectifiers have software controls, and we use 30% fewer components because of our software base.
- Examples include self-winding wristwatches and rectifiers in electrical circuits.
- Thus the outward rectifier does not contribute to the resting conductance.
- Electric current, on the other hand, can be restricted to one-way flow, as in a rectifier or diode.
- Probably the best known use of silicon is in transistors, photovoltaic cells, rectifiers, and other electronic devices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.