1página de la derecha feminine
- Each folio has a front and a back, usually now called recto and verso.
- Take for example the important sheet from Edinburgh that shows a Drowning of Leander on the recto and The Battle of the Amazons on the verso.
- This is parallel translation with the Anglo-Saxon on the verso and the translation on the recto.
- However, it was very much the habit to place the blank sheet as the recto (looking at the opening of a book, the right leaf), with the miniature on the verso (looking at the open book, the left leaf).
- The story begins with text alone on both recto and verso.