In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1recuperación femininerestablecimiento masculine
- Sunday used to be a day for rest, recuperation and recreation.
- Of specific interest is the essence of that experience as women await or are faced with surgical intervention and the ensuing recovery, recuperation, and rehabilitation.
- Yoga reduces physical and mental tension and promotes recuperation.
- The trust will also have exemptions in place in cases where the hospital has asked relatives to play an active role in the patient's recuperation or rehabilitation.
- In order to allow him to continue his recuperation, people have been asked to refrain from visiting him in hospital.
- This workout is so intense that it demands at least one week of complete rest and recuperation for the legs.
- I hope he makes a swift comeback, but an injury like his will need plenty of rest and recuperation.
- Sorry, girl, I'm needing a bit of rest and recuperation.
- That is where they'll go for quick recuperation.
- Infections, which can strike an immune system compromised by surgery, may cause complications like bleeding and prolong your recuperation.
- Even after successfully completing a treatment program, recovering addicts face a lifetime of recuperation.
- He suffered an eye injury in training, and was out for three months; his recuperation near completion in November, he hurt his ankle.
- We promised ourselves a few days - ‘as long as it takes’ - of rest and recuperation, not to mention re-adjustment, and we're jolly well taking our time over it.
- On the other hand, the only chance for complete recuperation is a bone-marrow transplant.
- And after a lengthy period of recovery the Ballyhornan man returned home to continue his recuperation.
- I'm utterly drained - as I write, I'm stealing a few precious hours of solitude for much needed recuperation and rest.
- For as long as people have been writing and talking about the city, Bath has been synonymous with recuperation and the famous powers of its waters.
- We've administered sleeping medication to help her relax so her body can be given the best chance at recuperation.
- Consume sufficient protein and healthy fats to fuel your body and help recuperation.
- An obstetrician is a medical doctor who specializes in the care of women during pregnancy, childbirth and recuperation from delivery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.