In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(period) de recuperación(effect/rest) recuperativo
- It's astonishing to witness the recuperative powers of the human body and soul.
- The one-on-one guided retreats have a two-year waiting list, but individual midweek recuperative breaks are also on offer.
- Well, one could argue, there is something rather special, not to say recuperative, about an experience that is completely different from what you are used to.
- Trips to see his family tend to have a recuperative effect.
- It seemed I didn't have their recuperative powers.
- The group includes some of the ten Austrian boys and girls who were then staying locally on a recuperative holiday.
- Thankfully the blackbird of her depression began to lift yesterday when we passed a quiet and for the most part recuperative Sunday.
- These surgeries involved long hospital stays, large scars, increased morbidity, and long recuperative periods for patients.
- His recuperative powers are almost otherworldly and his threshold for pain legendary.
- The best way to take advantage of sleep's recuperative powers is by napping.
- Tea was recuperative, it made things better, or it celebrated uneventfulness, emphasising that nothing was wrong.
- A rap on my door startled me from an attempt at some recuperative sleep.
- He underwent surgery for a career-threatening torn labrum after the 1995 season and has come back better than ever, a tribute to his recuperative powers and his work ethic.
- The health and social care centre will provide 42 intermediate, recuperative care beds and 60 nursing and residential care beds.
- After a false start, a carafe or two of water and a little recuperative snooze, Eva and I finally spoke the international language of love.
- He has been commissioned to write about the illness and the recuperative process.
- Telling her management team to cope, she took her son on a recuperative cruise in the Caribbean.
- It is beneficial for the patient's family members to be present for discharge instructions to help with the patient's continued recuperative needs.
- The reopening of a recuperative care centre in Dartford has been welcomed by Darent Valley Hospital.
- His mother used to make it for him and he knows all about its recuperative powers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.