In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Typical of customers is the University of York, which recycles green waste for re-use on flower and shrub beds as mulch, saving costs of disposal and purchase of products.
- Recycling centers are ubiquitous, helping Denmark boast that half of its waste is recycled.
- It also offers practical advice and information on how to re-use and recycle waste.
- A roadshow advising residents how to recycle green waste is to tour Trowbridge and Melksham.
- A significant percentage of household waste could be recycled.
- All waste is recycled, within reason, and even cars can be recharged at power points dotted around the complex.
- Approximately 40% of papers coming from domestic waste are currently recycled.
- The Goverment has recently set a target for a massive 30% of general household waste to be recycled.
- The purpose of the workshop is to show people how to recycle organic waste from the kitchen and garden.
- It banned pesticides for urban uses and built a biochemical plant to recycle organic wastes from the city's garbage.
- The public needs to realise the seriousness of the problem and learn how to prevent, minimise, reuse and recycle waste.
- In Europe, 20 nations have implemented legislation to control and recycle packaging waste.
- Please participate and clean our parish, eliminate dumping and recycle household waste by the proper means.
- These ranged from car sharing and using public transport through to recycling household waste.
- The end product is the same - waste material is recycled to the benefit of the environment.
- In Waterford City, 35 tonnes of packaging waste is recycled each week through the green bin collection.
- The iron and steel industry was now able to recycle waste material.
- The company recycle all green waste into an excellent garden compost.
- Residents and businesses in North Wiltshire need to do more to reduce, reuse and recycle waste to ensure that we do not need excessive areas of landfill in the future.
- At a basic level, it is our moral obligation to reduce, reuse and recycle our waste.
- This, Reynolds tells us somewhat bathetically, was recycled from a rejected text for a French war memorial in 1918.
- He rarely comes up with any new material, he simply recycles his old stuff.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.