In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1árbol de Judas masculine
- They were few and far between, mostly redbuds in bloom.
- Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.
- Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.
- The 24 affected species included oaks, red maple, and redbud.
- You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.