In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pintarpintar y empapelar
- I vividly remember when my mother decided to redecorate our living room.
- I have recently redecorated my sitting room and, since it is quite small, I removed the old curtains and replaced them with vertical blinds.
- Anyone who has ever packed away their worldly possessions to redecorate a room will know what a time-consuming and stressful experience it can be.
- I've redecorated the sitting room, and I did it all in one big hit, over the last two days.
- Framed art is a quick and easy solution to redecorating a room, for two reasons.
- The ground floor of the building was redecorated during the closed winter months, the upper gallery having been refurbished last year.
- While redecorating the front room he discovered the names of previous occupants underneath the wallpaper and etched on to the plaster.
- That was where she'd hide, but first she wanted to redecorate the room.
- The couple, who are to marry in April, also said the crew were more interested in filming the team messing around than actually redecorating the room.
- I am currently renovating and redecorating a house.
- A closet is such a tiny space, you'd almost think redoing it wouldn't take as long as redecorating a major room.
- For a while, he toyed with the idea of offering to redecorate the entire room.
- Volunteers have been working round the clock to repair and redecorate the building so the nursery will open as scheduled.
- We'll give you a credit card and tomorrow you and Lucy can go shopping to redecorate your room!
- Once you see the completed bathroom you won't believe it took you so long to decide to redecorate the room.
- Armed with $1,000, a designer and a carpenter, two sets of neighbours swap homes and redecorate one room in each other's place.
- As we we'd been planning to redecorate the family room some time this year I said she might as well take the two sofas.
- If you are redecorating a room that is covered in wallpaper, it is usually necessary to remove the old wallpaper.
- Many consumers are in the process of buying a new home or remodeling and redecorating their existing home.
- They had spent the morning redecorating a room, then headed into town for some shopping.
1pintar (y empapelar)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.