In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pintarpintar y empapelar
- Framed art is a quick and easy solution to redecorating a room, for two reasons.
- The couple, who are to marry in April, also said the crew were more interested in filming the team messing around than actually redecorating the room.
- I've redecorated the sitting room, and I did it all in one big hit, over the last two days.
- We'll give you a credit card and tomorrow you and Lucy can go shopping to redecorate your room!
- I am currently renovating and redecorating a house.
- Many consumers are in the process of buying a new home or remodeling and redecorating their existing home.
- The ground floor of the building was redecorated during the closed winter months, the upper gallery having been refurbished last year.
- If you are redecorating a room that is covered in wallpaper, it is usually necessary to remove the old wallpaper.
- Volunteers have been working round the clock to repair and redecorate the building so the nursery will open as scheduled.
- They had spent the morning redecorating a room, then headed into town for some shopping.
- Armed with $1,000, a designer and a carpenter, two sets of neighbours swap homes and redecorate one room in each other's place.
- I vividly remember when my mother decided to redecorate our living room.
- A closet is such a tiny space, you'd almost think redoing it wouldn't take as long as redecorating a major room.
- Once you see the completed bathroom you won't believe it took you so long to decide to redecorate the room.
- As we we'd been planning to redecorate the family room some time this year I said she might as well take the two sofas.
- That was where she'd hide, but first she wanted to redecorate the room.
- For a while, he toyed with the idea of offering to redecorate the entire room.
- Anyone who has ever packed away their worldly possessions to redecorate a room will know what a time-consuming and stressful experience it can be.
- While redecorating the front room he discovered the names of previous occupants underneath the wallpaper and etched on to the plaster.
- I have recently redecorated my sitting room and, since it is quite small, I removed the old curtains and replaced them with vertical blinds.
1pintar (y empapelar)
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.