In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1redentor masculineredentora femininethe Redeemer — el Redentor
- Like many of the postwar commentators he represents, Doc considers women to be both the causes and the potential redeemers of a morally deteriorating society.
- The nation needs men like him, the nation needs to move forward and redeemers who have its interest at heart must step forward even against their party interests in the House.
- All too predictably, postwar commentators cast white women as both the causes and the potential redeemers of a deteriorating society.
- The final words are redemption for the redeemer.
- Samuel called the people together and told them that Saul would be the redeemer of their sins.
- Ilia can then be the redeemer of the condemned son.
- But to paint him as a socialist redeemer would be stretching reality.
- The very next day he goes to the town gate and speaks with the other redeemer about Ruth.
- Wielding his mighty blade, he is the redeemer of souls and the vanquisher of Satan.
- They also spoke of a future redeemer that would bring reconciliation to the whole world, through Israel.
- They have also held out the invitation to their readers among the political and intellectual elites to join them in becoming their nation's redeemers.
- Hailed as a ‘national hero’, the dead Nelson was seen almost as a redeemer.
- The concept of a redeemer, a liberator, or a deliverer is much closer to the state of mind that is prevalent today than is the innocuous and ambiguous term information.
- From my conversations with dad I understand that he is a redeemer.
- The alchemists, identifying themselves with Merlin, now looked for a heroic redeemer in every way the opposite of Henry VI.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.