In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1to redound to sb's advantage — redundar en beneficio de algn
- it can only redound to our credit — solo puede aumentar nuestro prestigio / buen nombre
- I heard one caller to a radio show suggest that this might redound to our benefit, since all they understand in that region is strength.
- But no matter how they acquire their knowledge the fact is that said knowledge will always redound to their advantage.
- Whether these efforts will redound to the benefit of taxpayers, will only be known come Budget Day 2004.
- I assure you that it will redound to the social, academic and financial well-being of us all.
- Such teamwork will only redound to the physician's benefit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.