In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1secoya femininesecuoya feminine
- It is just off the main route to the Redwood Park, home of the famed giant redwood trees that rise up to 367 feet and can live for more than 2,000 years.
- The nursery offers other conifers, including Colorado blue spruce, deodar cedar, Douglas fir, and coast redwood.
- Among the towering redwoods rise clumps of native trees.
- Among the colossal redwoods, proportions change and dimensions shift.
- A grove of giant redwoods or sequoias should be kept just as we keep a great and beautiful cathedral.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.