1carricero (común) masculine
- The Basra reed warbler is a near-endemic species of Iraq whose last stronghold is the Mesopotamian marshlands to the north of Basra.
- In 2001, a distance record was set when a tagged reed warbler was retrapped in Poland.
- The case of the great reed warbler, Acrocephalus arundinaceus, is probably the most frequently cited example showing that song is subject to directional female mating preferences.
- Scientists also predicted that species like the black kite, cattle egret and great reed warbler, not currently found in Britain, could migrate there if warmer summer temperatures continued.
- This reed warbler, unknown in Switzerland at the end of the nineteenth century, was first recorded there in 1880.