In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1Sportárbitro masculineárbitra feminineréferi Latin America
- During the match assistant referee Andrew Halliday was felled by a hurled coin and bottles were thrown.
- The system has already been adopted by professional rugby referees south of the Border.
- But, if your team loses you blame the referee or the yellow card.
- The Association, at present, is failing in its duty to referees, players and supporters alike.
- The first round tie kicked off 25 minutes late when the appointed referee failed to turn up.
- For a change, the video referee ruled against Saints and the try was rightly allowed to stand.
- The referee's whistle came not a moment too soon and the celebrations began.
- Yet I thought the referees stopped some of the bouts too soon.
- He was a rugby football referee in his spare time at one time.
- The results have been positive with one of our assistant referees officiating in the last World Cup tournament in France.
- There was one tackle that was so late the referee had blown for half-time.
- Danny was one of the best Gaelic football referees in the county.
- A rugby player who was injured in an accident on the field sued the referee for failing to protect him from a falling scrum.
- Mickey is a well known soccer referee and gave many years service to the game.
- He has come across all of the top referees in the game and they have no problem with him.
- Pat White was an impartial referee in a game played in a sporting spirit.
- But the video referee ruled that Paul Johnson had been illegally dispossessed.
- He has served as an ICC match referee and is a past chief executive of the Pakistan Cricket Board.
- The shortage of hurling referees is still a problem.
- I asked the referee at half-time why he hadn't given a penalty.
1.2(in dispute)masculine árbitro
- We are all familiar with how journal editors can select referees to get the reports they want.
- Mel and I got our report back from the referees with regards to the Unlawful Combatant article.
- In particular, I refer to solving problems with the writing and management of the referee process.
- It was written by Satyendra Nath Bose and rejected by a referee for publication.
- It should really not come as a surprise when you have friends round for dinner and someone, gently, reminds you that you need two referees to support your Ph.D. application.
- The author would like to thank Kim Van der Borght for his support and the anonymous referee for their valuable guidance and comments.
- A referee has huge power and what is written by a referee in his report is taken as the ‘gospel’.
- Connor said that the referees were against publication.
- Cauchy and Legendre were appointed referees of this memoir.
- The author would like to thank two anonymous referees for their helpful comments.
- As one of my referees pointed out, academic discourse does not allow for this kind of evidence alone.
- I want to thank the staff, referees, and authors for their dedicated support of this publication.
- We acknowledge the very important role of the many men and women who agree to serve as academic referees for the manuscripts submitted to Sociology of Religion.
- They relied on the journal referees who had accepted Igor's papers for publication in order to judge the finer points of the work.
2.1(for job candidate)you need two referees — necesitas el aval de dos personas
2.2(assessor)evaluador masculineevaluadora feminine
1arbitrarhacer de árbitro
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.