In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1I asked for (a) referral to a specialist — pedí que me mandaran a un especialista
- we had 600 referrals last month — el mes pasado nos enviaron 600 casos/pacientes
- Initial referral to a review pharmacist included a copy of the patient's discharge letter.
- As I have said, National supports this bill's referral to a select committee.
- As the previous speaker has said, National supports this legislation and its referral to the Regulations Review Committee.
- Anyway, here are some of the latest search engine referrals.
- Peters and Wade reviewed 2038 referrals to the Auckland Court Liaison Service over a two year period.
- So New Zealand First will support this bill's referral to the select committee.
- But it falls short of imposing any sanctions on him, which could have included referral to the General Medical Council.
- It was made very clear that a similar action after qualification would be likely to result in referral to the General Medical Council.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.