In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of character)reforma feminine
- There is no doubt that the immigration system of America needs drastic reformation.
- But reformation must start with the basic unit in society, the individual.
- Trusting God means trusting God even in the midst of the fear and upheaval that reformation brings.
- Many of them are committed Reformed Baptists, but even more are men at various stages in the process of reformation.
- The full reformation of Muslim politics awaited the great upheavals of the modern era.
- The key to our reformation will be a positive and receptive attitude toward the totality of the human experience.
- The extent to which the tenth-century monastic reformation in England transformed the church should not be exaggerated.
- Punishment can also be a form of reformation, so they can change the criminal's ways and make him/her less likely to commit another crime.
- I'm not sure how long this reformation of the gamer stereotype will take.
- For him, the Kirk is in dire need of reformation and reviving.
- They want some radical reformation of government to reflect their viewpoint of the world.
- It was on his return to Uyaynah that he first began to preach his revolutionary ideas of religious reformation on fundamentalist lines.
- The current white paper only suggests reformation of tax law.
- From the sounds of it, his return to faith is absolutely sincere, and his reformation is the real deal.
- We believe in the possibility of reformation and rehabilitation.
- Even then, long after the defeat of the saints, the myth of the coming catastrophe and reformation is never dead and forgotten.
- Luther did indeed set out with the idea of reforming the church, but reformation quickly turned into revolution.
- A reformation of manners will present fewer drug-related problems both for individuals and for society.
- The reformation of our political culture should begin with self-reform within the media.
- He is relaxed, meanwhile, about the possibility of any reformation.
2Religionthe Reformation — la Reforma
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.