In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- First, anyone retaining fidelity to Labour's old reformist policies was pushed out of the party or marginalised and cowed.
- In many instances the socialist revolutions had been betrayed by reformist leaders of workers' parties and trade unions.
- The DPP has positioned itself as a reformist party on most social issues.
- The ads could cause those who have supported Chen for his reformist ideals to think twice before voting for him, Tseng said.
- "He's the leader of the reformist movement, " she replied.
- They seek a return to the old-style reformist policies of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Students who were punished for protesting have since received support from emboldened reformist MPs.
- Attac's programme creates new reformist illusions in order to oppose the development of the class struggle.
- Few activists in today's anti-globalisation movement have much time for traditional reformist parties.
- American capitalism was able to afford this reformist policy because of its unchallenged position of world economic dominance.
- In the past, the Democrats combined their anti-communism with liberal reformist policies.
- They're looking and they're asking, will the reformist policies continue?
- The Guardian Council first barred the reformist candidate from running for presidency.
- The liberal and reformist defenders of the profit system are incapable of providing a viable alternative to the right wing.
- The twentieth century has demonstrated that it is impossible to tame capitalism by means of social reformist policies.
- Most of the socialist groups in India had driven out the revolutionaries and were reformist parties.
- Conservatives ran virtually unopposed in the election after the hard-line Guardian Council disqualified thousands of reformist candidates.
- European communist parties were formed out of established socialist parties as the consequence of a rift between their revolutionary and reformist wings.
- Now, supporting capitalist restoration, they spouted reformist rhetoric.
- The Tories have reformist policies, but lack the electoral clout.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.