In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Now, supporting capitalist restoration, they spouted reformist rhetoric.
- In the past, the Democrats combined their anti-communism with liberal reformist policies.
- The liberal and reformist defenders of the profit system are incapable of providing a viable alternative to the right wing.
- Most of the socialist groups in India had driven out the revolutionaries and were reformist parties.
- Attac's programme creates new reformist illusions in order to oppose the development of the class struggle.
- "He's the leader of the reformist movement, " she replied.
- The ads could cause those who have supported Chen for his reformist ideals to think twice before voting for him, Tseng said.
- They're looking and they're asking, will the reformist policies continue?
- European communist parties were formed out of established socialist parties as the consequence of a rift between their revolutionary and reformist wings.
- Students who were punished for protesting have since received support from emboldened reformist MPs.
- The twentieth century has demonstrated that it is impossible to tame capitalism by means of social reformist policies.
- They seek a return to the old-style reformist policies of the 1960s and 1970s.
- Few activists in today's anti-globalisation movement have much time for traditional reformist parties.
- American capitalism was able to afford this reformist policy because of its unchallenged position of world economic dominance.
- The Tories have reformist policies, but lack the electoral clout.
- First, anyone retaining fidelity to Labour's old reformist policies was pushed out of the party or marginalised and cowed.
- Conservatives ran virtually unopposed in the election after the hard-line Guardian Council disqualified thousands of reformist candidates.
- The Guardian Council first barred the reformist candidate from running for presidency.
- In many instances the socialist revolutions had been betrayed by reformist leaders of workers' parties and trade unions.
- The DPP has positioned itself as a reformist party on most social issues.
- Many people are disillusioned with the reformists ' conciliatory approach.
- Therefore reformists deduce that no direct challenge to the state is necessary and civil society can be reformed.
- Like so many former reformists, liberals and pacifists, however, the Guardian and Observer have lurched ever further to the right.
- Personal loyalty became the key criteria for the rise and fall of cabinet ministers, conservatives and reformists alike.
- The Communist Party, absorbed by a struggle between reformists and hardliners, feared its security forces were disintegrating.
- They are moderate reformists who believe in the essential goodness of some members of the top echelon.
- Yes, there is friction and competition between the so-called conservatives and the reformists.
- They decried what they saw as the tendency among some conservative reformists to confuse an idealized model of Arab culture with Islam itself.
- Lenin argued for a united front with reformists against the generals, and revolutionaries and reformists worked together to block the military coup.
- The new reformists are caught between two different pressures.
- Ireland's environmental reformists, the Green Party, have played a shameful role during the campaign.
- There is an ongoing and mostly hidden tussle between the reformists and the conservative clergy.
- Most reformists silently observed the conservatives' consolidation of power.
- Despite the popularity of the reformists, conservatives still dominate much of the government.
- The reformists must not win control of the movement.
- They voted out the reformists who talked of democracy and human rights but brought no real improvement to the lives of the poor.
- Despite their revolutionary leadership, the Turin workers went down to defeat because the national movement remained under the control of the reformists.
- Since reform began in the early 1980s, Chinese politics has been primarily a battle between two factions: reformists and leftists.
- In a podium discussion on Saturday afternoon, he referred to Rosa Luxemburg's famous polemic against the reformists.
- They have been advocated by reformists and opportunists for many years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.