In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Few activists in today's anti-globalisation movement have much time for traditional reformist parties.
- The twentieth century has demonstrated that it is impossible to tame capitalism by means of social reformist policies.
- Attac's programme creates new reformist illusions in order to oppose the development of the class struggle.
- In many instances the socialist revolutions had been betrayed by reformist leaders of workers' parties and trade unions.
- The ads could cause those who have supported Chen for his reformist ideals to think twice before voting for him, Tseng said.
- Students who were punished for protesting have since received support from emboldened reformist MPs.
- The liberal and reformist defenders of the profit system are incapable of providing a viable alternative to the right wing.
- European communist parties were formed out of established socialist parties as the consequence of a rift between their revolutionary and reformist wings.
- The Guardian Council first barred the reformist candidate from running for presidency.
- In the past, the Democrats combined their anti-communism with liberal reformist policies.
- American capitalism was able to afford this reformist policy because of its unchallenged position of world economic dominance.
- Most of the socialist groups in India had driven out the revolutionaries and were reformist parties.
- The DPP has positioned itself as a reformist party on most social issues.
- The Tories have reformist policies, but lack the electoral clout.
- Now, supporting capitalist restoration, they spouted reformist rhetoric.
- Conservatives ran virtually unopposed in the election after the hard-line Guardian Council disqualified thousands of reformist candidates.
- They seek a return to the old-style reformist policies of the 1960s and 1970s.
- "He's the leader of the reformist movement, " she replied.
- First, anyone retaining fidelity to Labour's old reformist policies was pushed out of the party or marginalised and cowed.
- They're looking and they're asking, will the reformist policies continue?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.