In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The results demonstrated that trained nurses and lay screeners achieved similar accuracy rates administering the two automated refractors.
- Your doctor may use a computerized refractor to measure your eyes and estimate the prescription you need to correct a refractive error.
- He contributed to the theory of refraction, and as a result of his theory of the wave form of light he was able to calculate the refraction within the lenses and make refractors with lesser chromatic and spherical aberration.
- An arc of white light shone through the carefully planned refractors near its crest, making the Citadel look like an archer's bow drawn to the sky.
- Each GSP student builds a complete 60-mm diameter f / 12 refractor and mount.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.