In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(payment) devolver(payment) reintegrar formal(postage/expenses) reembolsarthey wouldn't refund me the full amount — no quisieron devolverme el importe total
- to refund sb for sth — reembolsarle algo a algn
- you will be refunded for your expenses — se le reembolsarán los gastos
- Therefore, it turned down the plea of the exporters to refund the amount thus collected.
- Typically, airlines - including AA - refund the fees when passengers request refunds.
- If you don't, simply return the remaining portion and we'll refund each and every penny of your purchase.
- In keeping with Festival policy, their entrance fees were not refunded.
- The amount is refunded once the machine is returned back to the NAB.
- She said the commission has access to a bond to refund customer claims as appropriate.
- The only thing we could do was apologise and refund customers' money.
- Parents pay £3 to join the service and then a further £1 to hire a toy for two weeks 50p of which will be refunded on return of the item.
- He said if any staff member is penalised due to late payment of a loan due to the delayed salaries, they would seek to have this penalty money refunded by the employer.
- If they are lost or stolen the money is refunded with no questions asked.
- Patients who are not satisfied with the treatment can get the cost refunded.
- From a legal perspective, it is revealing that Apple has decided to refund money to customers who paid for the repair.
- The retailer has to refund the costs if it loses the action.
- The center refunded $23,000 to foreign students who returned home or canceled their planned stays.
- Usual Inland Revenue practice is to refund overpaid tax, plus a repayment supplement at simple interest rates for the last six tax years.
- Similarly, if the shares decline in value, the IRS won't refund your overpayment.
- The ministry had promised earlier to fully refund the money that the would-be pilgrims had paid several months earlier.
- Your financial institution will have arrangements in place for refunding stamp duty on unused pound cheques that you return.
- Our standing offer to refund the fees of any dissatisfied subscriber applies here, of course.
- Mrs Seddon, a secretary, and her husband, a retired headmaster, have been told P & O is refunding every passenger's fare and giving 25 per cent compensation to be used towards another cruise with the company.
1(of expenses, deposits)reembolso masculinethey refused to give her a refund — no le quisieron devolver el dinero
- full cash refund if not satisfied — le devolvemos el importe total si no queda satisfecho
- [ S ]no refunds — no se admiten devoluciones
- They will receive an automatic ticket refund from Michelin.
- If your appeal is successful you may be able to obtain a refund of your original test fee.
- I'm entitled to it, however, and shall be sure to push the claim through, to include a refund of the tax I've over-paid since we came to live here.
- They will not be able to arrange an immediate refund.
- He further alleged that he was unable to collect a promised refund from the manufacturer.
- This enables the parish to claim tax refunds on monies received.
- According to a study in State Tax Notes, one out of three American taxpayers who intentionally fail to file their taxes are due a refund or owe no money at all.
- In the sales, most retailers will offer a refund, exchange or credit note in these circumstances, but they are not obliged to so you cannot insist.
- The hefty tax refunds many were predicting this year didn't exactly come true for millions of Americans.
- They now have the option to get a full refund of their subscription fee.
- The tax refund is paid to Raven only after it creates the jobs and pays its taxes.
- Unclaimed financial assets such as inheritances, tax refunds, or money from previous bank accounts or employers may be waiting for you or someone you know.
- With rebates and tax refunds, he chopped nearly 75 percent off the $115,000 bill, bringing the cost down to $30,000.
- Proprietor Neil Stevenson confirmed that refunds will be available by returning the tickets to Grooves.
- In others, they have to pay the full cost and then claim a full or partial refund.
- So you can file amended returns to claim tax refunds for these up to seven years back.
- Tourists wishing to claim their tax refunds must obtain tax forms from the authorized VAT store where the merchandise was purchased at the time of purchase.
- The first year students are demanding the refund of their fee so that they can take admission elsewhere next year.
- If you return your book purchases within 15 days you get a full cash refund!
- Mr Downey said the flat rate VAT refund compensates for the VAT paid on inputs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.