In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(place)registro masculine(at university) secretaría feminine(at church) sacristía feminine
- The BBMR is a division of the National Blood Service, which works in co-operation with the other UK bone marrow donor registries.
- These standards formalize four mandatory rules and two recommended rules that registries must follow in order to issue IDNs.
- The organisation also stands accused of extorting money from other organisations worldwide in order to maintain the registries.
- The civil registry numbers were used to link the records in both registries.
- In short, CMS will expand coverage, coordinate patient registries, and support clinical outcomes research.
- Last month they met Tony Blair at Downing Street, who pledged to boost the size of the registries, commit funds and organise a publicity campaign.
- His medical information was not available, and the registries were closed at the time, he said.
- Additionally, steps are being taken to encourage the prospective registration of trials through trial registries.
- It is in such registries that the documents initiating proceedings are presented for filing.
- Incidence rates are taken from multiple state-operated cancer registries, each with its own methods of data collection.
- The world's registrars and registries didn't agree.
- One registrar should also be able to link directly to different registries all over the world, making the system far more like the actual Internet.
- Across the country, more than 50 cities and counties offer such registries.
- The British Bone Marrow Registry, which is run by the National Blood Service, was formed in 1987 and works in conjunction with other UK donor registries.
- In practice, this is the stance taken by most UK cancer registries, which do not require consent from next of kin before disclosing cancer diagnoses for genetic counselling.
- Only the registries are getting rich these days.
- Electronic product registries assign each item a 14-digit code, then include it on a global list accessible to retailers.
- Central registries, which opened and kept track of files in an orderly fashion, have long gone.
- Firstly, we believe it is wrong to be too prescriptive about the choice of registry because registries for trials are in an early stage of development.
- In Hong Kong death registration at one of four death registries is required by law and is usually done by one of the more educated relatives of the dead person.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.