In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It should follow that February will have a level of regularity to its rainfall pattern.
- Painting classes with Camlin and cooking lessons with renowned chefs are held with unfailing regularity.
- I haven't watched series television with any kind of regularity since… I don't remember when.
- Bullets are flying with alarming regularity in Vancouver these days.
- I got rid of the car in 1996 and haven't driven a stick shift with any regularity since.
- Punctuality and regularity at work are two of Cole's other strong points.
- It was a rather meek cat which did not go anywhere near the goldfish bowl and used the litterbox with admirable regularity.
- So why is it that the studios are continuing to make these films with such regularity?
- The regularity with which public events are hosted at the school has led to the need for a sound system of their own.
- Two names in particular are mentioned with alarming regularity: Margaret and Bridget.
- I enjoy the games and find them challenging even requesting them with some regularity.
- The six forwards, both midfielders and two defenders all hit the target with great regularity.
- Allegations of fake encounters have been made with unfailing regularity over the last 12 years.
- New pressures and threats, however, keep coming up with alarming regularity.
- Very few other Asian and African countries have held elections with such regularity as India.
- New museums open with regularity, attracting more audiences.
- In addition, various combinations of pearl necklaces come in and out of fashion with regularity.
- The headache was still there, pounding against the back of his forehead with some regularity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.